🍱 Today’s Lunch:
In the snack box:
✳Brioche bread bites
In the lunchbox:
✳Simple pan fried ground chicken
✳Vinegar potato strips (Recipe link)
✳Hard boiled quail eggs
✳Penguin rice ball (Decorating ingredients ⬇️)
✳Decoration flowers: Cheese + Nori
✳Oven Baked Honey Sweet potato slices (Recipe of the day ⬇️)
Hello friends! I made a chubby penguin rice ball for my daughter’s school lunch last week. It is getting close to Christmas and the snow makes me think of the cute chubby penguins! I guess I made it a bit too chubby, my daughter didn’t finish the whole thing she said. LOL. However, she did love it.
The pan fried chicken and the vinegar potato strips are leftover food. My kids really love vinegar potato strips. I make it whenever I don’t know what to cook for them. The clickable recipe link is above. The new recipe is oven baked honey sweet potato slices. I love the creaminess of sweet potato and light milk flavor. It tastes better when it is warm. Check out the full recipe and penguin food art information below.
Have a great day friends!🔆
📒 Recipe: Oven Baked Honey Sweet Potato Slices
Sweet potato: about 420g (washed,peeled, and sliced)
Milk: 1 tablespoon
Cornstarch: 1 tablespoon
Honey: 30 ml
Water: 10 ml
Roasted sesame seeds: 1 tablespoon (optional)
✂️Some Essential Supplies:
Mixing cup, big & small mixing bowl,fork, parchment paper, baking pan, brush, tongs, oven etc.
1. (Preheat the oven to 450°F/232°C) Add milk, egg and cornstarch to the mixing cup and mix well.
2. Pour the milk mixture in the prepared sweet potato slices bowl and mix to coat thoroughly.
3. Place the parchment paper on the baking sheet and place the prepared sweet potato slices on it. Put it in the oven for 20 minutes.
4. Add the honey and water in a bowl and mix well while waiting for the sweet potato to bake.
5 . Take out the sweet potato slices after 20 minutes and brush the sweet potato slices with the honey water.
6. Put the sweet potato slices back in the oven for 5 minutes. Take them out when done and sprinkle with roasted sesame seeds. Place them on a plate and enjoy!
🐧Penguin Lunchbox Packing Video & Food Art Ingredients:
🐧The penguin rice ingredients:
The body: Rice + Nori
The eyes & wings: White cheese + Nori
The beak & feet: Yellow cheese
Tummy: White cheese
The decoration flowers ingredients:
White cheese + Nori