1️⃣Turkey cranberry jam sandwich
Hello friends! Happy Thanksgiving! Although it is a crazy year, I am still very thankful for everything that I have, especially my family and friends…
This week’s lunchbox idea week is also Canadian’s Thanksgiving weekend. So the food art I made this week is a turkey which is made with multigrain bread and strawberry and green apple etc. The leaves are made of cheese and seaweed. The video tutorial is below.
It is Fall so I decided to make some cranberry jam. I had a bag of cranberries sitting in my freezer for quite some time now and I just thought it was the perfect time to make some jam and use up the cranberries. This is a small batch recipe but if you need more you can just double the ingredients. This jam is great for breakfast or lunch box sandwiches. The jam is packed with vitamin C, K, and fiber… healthy and yummy! I hope you enjoy it too .
Have a wonderful week friends! See you next Monday .
Turkey Sandwich Food Art Tutorial ⬇️
Food Art Ingredients:
Turkey: Wholegrain bread(1 piece), Strawberry jam (about 1 teaspoon), Candy eyeballs(2), Strawberry(1), Green apple (1 small piece)
Leaves:Marble cheese (1 slice),Seedweed paper (1 small sheet)
Food Art Tools:
Butter knife, Fruit craving knife, Scribe needle, Scissors, Tweezers, Small plates etc.
Recipe:Cranberry Jam ⬇️
Cranberries(Frozen or Fresh): 2 Cups (washed)
Tapioca starch: 5 Tablespoons
Lemon: 1 (washed and Cut in half)
Sugar: 1 Cup
Water: 1 Cup + 1/2 Cup
1. Add the cranberries and 1 cup of water to a food processor and blend until smooth.
2. Add the cranberry sauce/mixture to a pot and add the 1 cup of sugar. Squeeze the lemon over the mixture adding as much lemon juices as possible.
3. Mix the tapioca starch and 1/2 cup of water in a cup. After it has been mixed, pour the mixture in the pot and mix well.
4. Bring the cranberry jam just to a boil and then reduce to low heat to cook the cranberry jam(about 40 to 45 minutes). Stir it from time to time and make sure it doesn’t burn to the bottom of the pot.
5. After it’s done, pour the cranberry jam through a sieve/strainer to remove seeds and skin.( If you don’t mind the seeds and the skin, you can skip this part) .
6. When the cranbery jam has cooled, transfer it to a clean jar and cover it with a lid, and store it in a fridge. Try to consume it within 2 weeks.